What goes around comes around. Technology has made the world a smaller place and made it possible for people to connect across vast distances. I’m grateful for the wonderful friendships I have forged online, like with the lovely Janine of the Happy Happy Nester blog.
There, you’ll find her recipes, interior design ideas and crafts. I could spend hours just going through her posts. Her sunny style radiates a happy vibe and has inspired me to rearrange some furniture again. Currently, I’m setting up an old world nomad style corner in our living room fashioned out of cushions and Persian kilim pillows. The handmade dolls are a lucky find imported from Armenia. The little inlaid-wood Moroccan table and two short chairs are gifts from my parents. The delicate bronze antelope on the window sill is a souvenir from a trip to Greece many years ago.
Janine is a joy to know, even though we have never met each other in person. She has graciously nominated me for the thoughtful Liebster Award the purpose of which is to recognize bloggers with less than 3, 000 followers. She has asked that I provide some information about myself, which I hope you find entertaining.
1. How did you choose your blog name?
My grandmother gave me the nickname Coco which is a truncated form of my name Colette
and the kitchen is where you’ll find me most often.
2. What kind of camera do you use for your blog posts?
Sony NEX-5N 16.1 Megapixel which was a Mother’s Day gift from my hubby.
3. What is your favorite color combination in your house?
Anything inspired by Nature, a beige foundation with burgundy, green, brown, blue highlights.
4. Where is your favorite relaxing spot in your house?
The kitchen, of course, and my new cozy corner.
5. How many hours a week do you spend working on your blog?
A good 10 hours testing recipes, taking photos and writing the articles. If I am not happy with the photos, I will make the dish again and do another photo shoot.
6. What is your favorite book that provides inspiration for your blog?
The early Jamie Oliver books have such vibrant photos of the dishes that you want to just dive into the pages. That’s why mine have bite-marks on the corners. To be honest, I would love to write a cook book of my own one day. I already have a few recipes in mind, and although my cook book is a long way off just yet, I have done some research so I would like to think I know a thing or two about how to publish a book. Watch this space…
7. Are you a morning or night person?
I do love the smell of the morning air, but I look forward to spending the evening with my family.
8. What is your favorite movie?
It’s a toss-up between Gigi, Moonstruck and Big Fat Greek Wedding!
9. What is the best trip you have ever taken?
Honestly? I can’t decide, because I have fond memories from all of my travels. If I had the money, I’d just travel around the world over and over again!
10. What is least favorite chore?
Folding laundry. I would rather clean my bird’s cage.
11. Favorite food?
Chocolate, of course.
11 Random Facts About Me:
* When I start rearranging furniture, it’s time for a trip!
* I do not follow trends. I wear whatever I like for as long as I like.
* Red is my fav colour.
* I love going for mani/pedi’s with my li’l Daisy.
* I’m always looking at other women’s shoes.
* I like to hide power outlets behind furniture (because they’re unsightly, of course).
* I sprinkle instant coffee over ice cream and the milk for my cereal.
* My first car was a white Alfa Romeo Milano which earned me 3 speeding tickets.
* I actually do not like getting a massage.
* I don’t watch sports, but love the sound of the TV while I read, write, cook.
* I value objects by sentiment, not price tag.
Instructions for my nominees…
*Display the award in your post or sidebar (or both).
*Provide 11 random facts about yourself.
*Answer the questions provided to you by your presenter.
*Nominate 5 new bloggers with less than 3000 followers.
*Provide 11 questions for your nominees to answer.
*List the rules in your post.
*Inform the nominees of your award and provide a link back to your post.
Questions for my nominees…
2. What innovative recipe can you create to incorporate rose water?
3. Almond butter: Yes or no?
4. Is organic worth the money?
5. What kitchen gadget is your favourite?
6. What is the best time of day and why?
7.Where are you anxious to visit?
8. Ferrari or Maserati?
9. If you could invent a perfume/cologne, what scent would it be?
10. Are you a chocoholic?
11. What’s your favourite indulgence?
I do hope you check out my favourite bloggers as well as Janine’s site. There is a wealth of fun and positive information out there, if you know where to look. Whom will you nominate for the Liebster?