Saffron Pistachio Snow Whites with Rose Petal Dust
Luxury tells the story of wrinkled, kind hands patiently creating a rare, decadent something.
Ice halwa is exactly that.
Pistachio and almond slices submerged in a paper-thin sheet of candy, nestled with fragrant saffron threads.
You probably feel cheated, don’t you?
I did, too.
I did, too.
Where had I been? Living under a rock? How come nobody told me about this before?
Well, thank God for Pagu.
Pagu is a rare find of a friend. Generous and kind, she exudes a happy energy. And it was Diwali when she gave me my first taste of that ice halwa candy.
Last night, I had a craving for it, but neither the skill nor energy to make the real deal. So I did my own thing…
Saffron Pistachio Snow Whites with Rose Petal Dust.
Luxury can be yours in minutes!
1 packet white chocolate chips
¼ cup crushed raw pistachios
5-6 threads saffron, ground
dried edible rose petals
12 mini muffin cups
1 mini muffin pan
1. Melt the chocolate chips gently in the microwave for about 45 seconds.
2. Mix the saffron into the chocolate while it is still warm to release the flavor.
3. Add the pistachios and mix well to coat
4. Divide among mini muffin pan lined with mini paper cups
5. Garnish with pistachio bits and rose petal grinds
6. Refrigerate overnight
The best things in life are meant to be shared. Share one of these and you’ll have a friend for life!